Camp Kangaroobie

It was the day, Camp was today, and my heart was beating because I was scared and excited in a way. I had to skip Tennis because I had tennis on Monday morning. We went to school nice and early and put my suitcase outside the school and waited for someone to come. My Mum and Isaac left because Isaac had a camp as well so he came and said goodbye to me and so did my mum. We got onto the bus and I sat next to Alexandra V. She was funny and nice. We had to take 2 stops because the trip was so long. The first stop was… I can’t remember the name, anyway we got there and we could eat our playlunch. We went to the 12 apostles; they were really interesting and great to look at. Then we hopped back on the bus and went to the next stop which was The Otway fly. A girl toured us around and told us all about the plants, it was fun. We ate our lunch and had a bit of free time, I took a lot of photos. We got back on the bus and continued to drive to camp.

We got to camp and I was so excited. We got in our cabins, mine was called Eric the Red, and all of the cabins were named after a boat accident. In my cabin there was Nicole, Hayley, Alex V, Georgia Sa, Madison and I. We all had a lot of fun mucking around in those cabins. That day was a settle in day, but at night we had to do bush dancing and I got picked to dance with a boy, his name is James. Then we had to dance with random boys. It was time for bed, I was exhausted and I went to sleep so quickly. The next day was a big day; it was an activity day, so we got up and had breakfast. The whole grade 5/6 class got split up in 3 groups. I was in Lochard Leaders.

Our first activity was games so we played a game which was like the Hunger games. We all had different colour headbands, the colours were green for Herbivore, Red for Carnivore, and Black for Deceases and Human for teachers, which the teachers did.  I was an herbivore. We played and it didn’t go so well, I didn’t like the game very much as I lost all my livesL. The next game we played was Farming, farming was where we had to farm. We got carried around in this tractor. It was really fun. Next we did the obstacle course; we had to go in partners. I had Nicole as my partner which I made me happy. We got really muddy. Next was the last thing, which was canoeing. I kind of liked it, except the dude was a liar; he said if girls looked at a cow they will come storming at you. Right from the start I didn’t believe it, but just in case it was real, I kept looking down. It was the end of the day and we were all pooped so once again we went to bed as fast as a Cheetah.

Next morning we had a relaxing day but at night we had a trivia night and our name was ‘’The group of ten but 6’’ because we had 6 in our group and our number was 10. Next morning was an exciting day we went to the beach and had heaps and heaps of fun. We had a sandcastle competition and we built a mermaid but no one won because no one was doing it. Then we had some games and a mint find and our team won. After that we had a formal dinner. We all got dressed up in our fancy clothes and got ready and someone chose me to be their partner. It was Hudson Ryan. I thought the formal night was going to be better but it was the same as every other night, just dinner and no fun. After the formal we had a movie night, sadly after the movie was our last night.

Next morning we got up bright and early and hopped on the bus and went back to boring old school but again we had 2 stops and got back to school. It was sad to leave such a beautiful place and I really hope to go again.